Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pickin' Produce

I have a hard time believing parents find difficulty in feeding their children fruits and vegtables. Was I just blessed with children who ask for veggies by name, or is my time still coming? Either way, I'll take it!
I've never been wise when it comes to eating right, and it wasn't until I had children of my own that I decided how important it was not to feed them junk. A body is only as good as the food that fuels it. My children enjoy whole wheat bread, whole grain cereal, oatmeal, beans, rice, fruits and vegtables.
Todays adventure took us to the local Farmers Market, where I let the boys choose what we should buy with my $10 budget.

Here's our outcome....
We arrived home just after 10am, and Brenden asked if we could enjoy some of our new watermelon. I cut into it, and it was PERFECT inside. Watermelon juice coated my kitchen floors and soaked both the boys shirts- but it was worth it!
I plan to make the vegtables as sides to main meals over the next 2 days. Maybe corn off the grill, garlic butter green beans, and pan seared squash & zuccini. Who knows though, Brenden might have something else in mind.

1 comment:

  1. Loving the Blog Girlie!! And yes...you are BLESSED with children that will eat veggies!!! Both Jeremiah & I LOVE them and I cook them with every.single.meal we eat...and yet, Kayleigh hates them!!! Even if when she was a baby she would gobble up two jars of green beans!

    ReplyDelete