Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Eat Right- Live Better

I can still hear the words of my mother:

"You can eat that entire batch of cookies now while your fast in your youth and think it will have no effect... but you just wait. They'll catch up!"

Although I don't believe calories seek to haunt me from my childhood, I still think she had a point. My habits now are reflective of what they were in childhood. I still eat the same "junk" in hopes of finding the happiness and satisfaction it gave me so many years ago, only now I consume an entire batch of cookies longing to feel even a glimmer of the same pleasure and am left with nothing, but calories.

I've decided it's time for a change. I'm interested in learning how to eat right- the right way. Our second freezer is filled with processed, "quick meals" that are geared toward making my life better. The truth is, they don't. And my biggest fear (aside from not looking very skinny in my skinny jeans, is the habits I'm teaching my children.

Don't get me wrong, not EVERY meal I make is from the freezer aisle. Not EVERY meal I serve to my family consists of unhealthy, processed, high in fat foods. The point here is that I want to COOK- really, truly, cook.


No comments:

Post a Comment